Vans Photography Guidelines
Congratulations on being selected as a photographer to participate in the Vans Off the Wall Photography program, through CS3Design Inc. Please adhere to the guidelines on this page.
Legal note: All information on this page is strictly confidential and you are prohibited from printing or sharing any content on this page without the written consent from CS3Design Inc. You may not disclose any of this information to anyone else and you may not use the imagery in a portfolio setting (even undedited imagery) All activity on this page is monitored and recorded. Your active involvement in this photography project indicates your agreement.
Special Note: Most of the Vans locations are photos only. Please be sure to read your shoot invite carefully for whether or not to shoot panos.
- Minimum of 25 different angles/views
- No people can be in the shots
- Photos must be general store layout shots. NO CLOSE UPS of merchandise or displays will be used. See photo examples to the right.
- POIs must be shot in RAW (.cr2 or .nef) only
- Do not shoot with a flash
- Photos must be bracketed
- Images must be crisp. No soft focus or grainy pictures will be accepted
- We recommend that you shoot in Aperture Priority.
- The aperture should be anywhere between f/9 – f/12 (the higher the f-stop, the more in-focus the rest of the entire room will be).
- Your ISO shouldn’t be higher than 400. The higher your ISO, the more grain you will have in the images
- Use tripod with a timer to avoid motion blur
- Be sure to check your photos while shooting. If you need to adjust your exposure, use exposure compensation. This will make sure that only your shutter speed is changing instead of your aperture or ISO
- Your lens must be spot and dust free
- No vertical or portrait shots will be accepted, only landscape will be used
- Bracketing with settings similar to +2 -2 are required
- Post production or touching up prior to sending CS3Design the photos is prohibited. We have to keep a consistent look among all properties. CS3Design will do all post-production
- If using a wide angle lens, make sure there is no distortion on the sides
- Photographs must not experience Convergence. This can be achieved by taking angles that are straight on, not angled up or down.
- These locations are generally small (300-500sqft). Take enough panos to cover the entire space including the exterior.
- No people in the panos
- Your lens must be spot and dust free
- You must connect the exterior entrance (even if it’s in a mall) to the interior store.
- Standard Google Business View camera settings for panos (Only JPEG accepted)
- Panos must be divisible by 12 upon uploading to our server
- Old school Standard Google Business View settings for panos
- Divisible by 12
- 3 fisheye images bracketed with 4 angles totaling 12 per spin
- Do not cut through any displays, furniture or walls
- Do not cut through closed doors (even if glass doors)
- Do not shoot panos up and down, only do the normal 90-degree increments (our software will remove the tripod)
- Panos must be of DSLR quality (no instant 360 cameras will be accepted)
- Please represent yourself as CS3Design
- Please do not solicit the business or any staff/management present or associated with the property, including Vans, VFC or any of its subsidiaries.
- Do not attempt to collect payment from the individual property
- If upon arriving at a property and they are either unprepared, unaware of the shoot, or something is being remodeled or under construction, take the following actions only:
Call CS3Design at 407-636-7053
- The photographer shall not depart the property until after conferring with CS3Design.
- If there are any issues while onsite such as remodeling, signage out, or anything out of the ordinary, you must inform CS3Design via a note submitted with the photos via FTP. You can submit a word doc or a notepad doc with simple notes to correspond with your shoot. This is only required if any anomalies occurred while onsite.
- It is the photographer’s responsibility to check the weather prior to leaving. If it looks like rain, storms, heavy fog or snow, please contact CS3Design immediately to reschedule before heading out. Overcast skies are acceptable. The photographer will be reimbursed for long distance travel if a surprise weather occurrence happens on site. Most of the locations for Vans should be inside of malls however.
Sending the Photos
- FTP is the method of photo transfers (Google+ and dropbox type sites are not accepted). FTP credentials will be provided via email
- Upload to the Vans folder
- Title the folder “Vans [location]”
- In that folder please split up the folders via pictures and panos (if applicable).
- PC users, download Filezilla here
- Mac users, download Cyberduck here
- You are required to send us the photos within 3 days of shooting the property. After 3 days you run the risk of forfeiting this property, as we will send out a replacement photographer
- You must invoice us at [email protected]
- If sent to any other email, your invoice will not be processed
- USA: You must submit a completed W9 for invoices to be processed
- Can: You must submit a completed W-8Ben for invoices to be processed
- All traveling and expenses will be agreed upon prior to services being rendered, and will be incorporated into the price labeled on the calendar event invite
- You must invoice us within 90 days of the shoot
- You must invoice us within the same calendar year as the shoot – If you submit an invoice in 2018 for a shoot in 2017, it will not be paid.
- CS3Design is not required to pay sales or service tax on the electronic submission of photographs
- All invoicing emails not sent to [email protected] will be ignored
- If a reshoot is required due to a mistake by the photographer, the photographer will reshoot the property at no additional cost to CS3Design. Payment may be held until reshoot has been completed.
- If a reshoot is required due to a mistake by CS3Design or the property, the photographer will reshoot the property at the cost of CS3Design